Apples and peanut butter are the perfect snack combination. Even better when the peanut butter is mixed with Greek yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla, just the right creaminess to dip apples slices in! Your kids’ new favorite snack for school lunches, afternoon snacks or an easy on the go pick me upper.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, as the saying goes. And I can’t think of a yummier way to stay in good health. Apples are my favorite fruit! When I was a kid, I could eat more apples a day than I care to admit. But you know what? I was almost never sick, so maybe there really is something to that saying!
Peanut butter and apples is one of those classic healthy snacks that everyone loves. But please tell me I’m not the only one who has a hard time getting the peanut butter to spread and stick to the apple slices?! The solution I’ve found is to mix the peanut butter with Greek yogurt to get that prefect texture to dip apples in. No more spreading and better yet, I can make a big batch to stick in the fridge and pull out when we need it throughout the week! A quick bite for those constant pleas for snacks throughout the day.
I love to prep a batch of peanut butter yogurt dip on Mondays, divide it up into these little mason jars and lids for single servings, and stick them in the fridge to add to my girls’ school lunches along with a baggie of sliced apples to dip in. They love it and never get tired of this creamy peanut butter goodness.
Peanut butter yogurt dip also makes a great addition to a snack tray at parties or play dates. Easy to make ahead and easy to store leftovers afterward (if there happen to be any, which isn’t usually the case).
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip for Apples:
- Apples – Of course! Gala are my favorite choice since they are nice and tangy, crunchy, and they don’t brown as quickly as other varieties.
- Peanut Butter -Creamy is the way to go for this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt – I like to use plain yogurt, but honey or vanilla yogurt work as well. You may need to use a bit less syrup though. I use the Homemade Greek Yogurt I make in my instant pot.
- Maple Syrup – Pure maple syrup is the way to go. It adds a wonderful flavor that tastes amazing with the salty peanut butter.
- Vanilla Extract – I make this Homemade Vanilla Extract
Tips For Making Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip for Apples:
- This recipe can be made by just stirring with a spoon, but you can also make it with beaters or a mixer for an extra fluffy dip!
- Vanilla extract is optional so no worries if you don’t have some on hand. But it does ad an extra yummy flavor.
- Honey can be used in place of the syrup. You probably won’t need quite as much as the recipe calls for though.
- This dip will last for about a week in the fridge. It may start to separate, and have a little liquid form. This is fine, it just the liquid in the yogurt separating. Just give it a good stir and it’ll be great!
More Healthy Kid Favorite Recipes on the Blog:
Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip for Apples
- 1 cup Peanut Butter creamy
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt plain, honey or vanilla would work as well
- 3 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together. Stir until smooth.
- Serve with sliced apples. This dip is also delicious with strawberries and crackers!
- Best enjoyed in the first 3 days. Store in the fridge up to a week.
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you use the 5 star rating in the comments below! It helps me so much!