This easy gluten free funfetti icebox cake recipe is quick to whip up and looks impressive when served at a Summer birthday party.
I’m going to start off by saying I am not a gluten free expert in any way. Which is why this no bake cake is my go to gluten free dessert! My husband and my third daughter have a gluten intolerance (not allergy) so I’ve tried to think up easy ways to still have fun desserts without having to jump into swapping out wheat flour for gluten free alternatives. One of the absolute easiest desserts to make gluten free is an icebox cake!
I’ve been making this icebox cake for years. It looks impressive and from looking at it you’d never know that it really is the easiest and quickest cake to throw together! There is no baking involved at all. Easy, right? The cookies are store-bought so you can choose your favorite gluten free cookies to layer in the cake. Or if you do have a great gluten free cookie recipe, that would bring this cake to the next level of yummy!
Ready to make the easiest birthday cake ever?
Gluten Free Funfetti Icebox Cake Ingredients:
- Gluten Free Cookies – Your favorite type of crunchy GF cookies.
- Cream Cheese – Softened cream cheese gives this cake a stiffer texture and just the right amount of tangy flavor
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Whipped cream to make a fluffy icebox cake
- Sour Cream – To cut the sweetness just a bit
- Sugar – White granulated sugar
- Lemon Juice – to add a new depth of flavor that isn’t just sweet.
- Vanilla Extract – I love to use homemade vanilla in this recipe to really boost the vanilla flavor to the next level
- Sprinkles – Because, funfetti!
Supplies You Will Need:
- 10 inch round spring form pan
- beaters or a stand mixer
How to Make Gluten Free Funfetti Icebox Cake:
Prep – Using a hand held or stand mixer to beat softened cream cheese, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until it is completely smooth. Add in the sour cream, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract, beating until combined. Lastly, add the heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup of the sprinkles and beat on high until the mixture is stiff and doesn’t move when the beaters are lifted up.
Assemble – Start by creating a single layer of cookies to the bottom of a spring form pan. Break some pieces of cookies to fill in any big cracks.
Next, smooth a layer of the whipped cream mixture on top of the cookie layer.
Repeat these three layers until you have three layers of cookies and whipped cream mixture. Add sprinkles to the top of the cake.
Chill – Refrigerate the cake overnight.
To Serve – Run a butter knife around the edges of the cake before removing the sides of the springform pan.
To Store – Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
MORE RECIPES ON THE BLOG
- Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Healthy Berry Jello
- Homemade Greek Yogurt in the Instant Pot
- Homemade Honey Whipped Cream
- Vanilla Latte Cookies With Coffee Icing
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you use the 5 star rating in the comments below! It helps me so much!
How fun is that?! I’m gluten free so I’ll have to give this a go
I have to make this NOW! This is amazing!!
This is so clever. Having your cake and eating it too. I love the addition of the cookies to make it a cake. Yum!