I have always loved the idea of “home” ever since I was a little girl. Having a place where I belonged. The word homemaking never had a negative sound to it. I mean, making a home? I can’t think of a more fulfilling day job!
My husband and I met in October of 2009, were engaged 3 months later, married 6 months after that and had a baby the next Spring. You could say we aren’t the most patient people!
We had three little girls all in a row and then, bam, God hit us with twin boys! I can honestly say that having twins has changed me in so many ways. There is nothing like it. And I am forever grateful for this blessing, but wow, those first years were a blur!
As if we weren’t overwhelmed enough, we decided to go ahead and build our forever home in the country. While we didn’t build the house ourselves, I designed the house from scratch and my husband did as much of the labor as he could make time for including fencing in 5 acres by hand!
Moving to a bigger house had many pros as well as cons. I quickly felt very overwhelmed with a 3 story house, twin 2 year olds and baby #6 on the way. So that is when I started developing ways to stay on top of it all in a stress free way!
I’ve been sharing decluttering strategies and housekeeping routines for busy moms over on my Instagram account for years and have had loads of success stories! I’m an over-sharer and any time I learn something new that is working well for my family, I have to let someone else know about it. So here I am to share with you!
On this blog, you’ll find ways to be more productive with little kids at home, and ways to feel more fulfilled as a busy homemaker by swapping store-bought for homemade.
Random Tid Bits
- I am barefoot about 97% of the time. I’ll run out in the snow barefoot to feed the cats.
- My husband and I attended the same Traditional Catholic school that our kids go to now
- I would rather paint trim than paint my nails.
- I worked in a grocery store bakery, sometimes frosting 20 cakes a day while I was going to college for Photography.
- I’ve had 2 C-sections and 3 vbacs. The twin’s birth was my easiest recovery even though it was a cesarean.
- I didn’t learn to cook until I was married!