This recipe for simple DIY homemade foaming face wash is made with liquid castile soap that is good for almost any skin type. A facial cleanser that is all natural to keep your skin feeling fresh and clean.
As my daughters grow up, I’m more and more aware of what we’re using on our skin and putting into our bodies and more interested in finding natural solutions.
What are all these extra ingredients and synthetic fragrance in commercial products like the deodorant and the soaps we use, the make up we wear? Its overwhelming to try and find out what they all are and harder and harder to find natural products that are budget friendly.
Making homemade toiletries has been an easy way to make sure I know what is in our skin care without breaking the bank. Its easier than you might think and the results are often better than the store-bought version!
Have you tried making my coffee scented hand soaps yet?
Making my own face wash has been something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. With my two pre-teen daughters and I using it twice a day, we go though store-bought face wash pretty fast!
This DIY face wash recipe is made with castile liquid soap and takes 2 minutes to whip together! I’ve been using it on a daily basis for the past year now and I still cannot get over how smooth it makes my skin feel after washing!
And the best part is you can customize the scent however you like using your favorite essential oil blends!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Get my full disclosure here.
Can You Make Homemade Face Wash With Castile Soap?
Castile soap is good for cleaning just about anything including your body. Since its all natural and a powerful but gentle cleanser, castile soap is the perfect soap base for making homemade face wash that works for both dry and oily skin types!
Can You Mix Castile Soap With Essential Oils
Yes, the easiest castile soap to mix with essential oils is Doctor Bronner’s unscented since the scents won’t have to compete with each other. Its easy to customize the smell of this soap with your favorite essential oils.
I do like to use orange castile soap since it smells fresh and sweet, and can be mixed with a variety of oils like, sweet orange, rose, vanilla or lavender essential oils.
Homemade Face Wash With Castile Soap
- Orange Castile Soap – Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap is good for cleaning just about anything in a gentle and natural way. I used orange castile soap for this recipe because I love the smell and mixed with the other ingredients, its just so lovely!
- Sweet Almond Oil – Its perfect for use on dry skin, especially in a face wash. Almond oil contains vitamin A which is beneficial for treating acne-prone skin. If you don’t have almond oil another carrier oil like jojoba oil or fractioned coconut oil work well as a substitute.
- Geranium Essential Oil – As well as smelling wonderful, geranium oil helps to tighten the skin and help lessen signs of aging such as wrinkles. You can use different essential oils if you choose to. Just make sure to use ones that are beneficial to the skin.
- Rose Water or Distilled Water – Rose water is known for being beneficial for the skin in many ways. It hydrates naturally, reduces the appearance of large pores, tightens the skin and provides antioxidant protection. Basically, a wonderful ingredient in face wash! It is on the pricey side though so feel free to just use regular distilled water instead, or dilute the rose water to make it go farther.
How to Make This Homemade face wash recipe
- Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bottle with a soap pump lid.
- Shake well to combine.
Tips for success
To Use – Shake the soap dispenser bottle to evenly distribute the ingredients. Apply a small amount of foaming face wash using wet hands. Rub all over face, keeping out of your eyes. Rinse off with water.
Variations – For more sensitive skin types, substitute the orange castile soap with the fragrance free version.
Change up the scent of this face wash by swapping out the 20 drops of geranium essential oil with different oils that are beneficial to the skin.
To Store – Homemade face wash will last for a very long time when stored in a dark place in an air tight container.
More Homemade Ideas For You
If you liked this recipe, you should try some of my other personal care and beauty product recipes on the blog!
- Homemade Raw Honey Oatmeal Soap
- Homemade Toilet Cleaner Bombs
- DIY Chalkboard Paint
- Homemade Strawberry Lip Balm
- DIY Laundry Stain Remover Spray
If you try making this homemade face wash with castile soap, I would love it if you use the 5 star rating in the comments below! It helps me so much!