This recipe for simple DIY homemade foaming face wash is made with castile soap and smells like sweet orange blossoms. An easy all natural way to keep your skin feeling fresh and clean.
As my daughters grow up, I’m more and more aware of what we’re using on our skin and putting into our bodies. What are all these extra ingredients and chemicals in deodorant and the soaps we use, the make up we wear? Its overwhelming to try and find out what they all are and hard to find natural solutions that are budget friendly.
Making homemade toiletries has been an easy way to make sure I know what is in our skin care without breaking the bank. Its easier than you might think and the results are often better than the store-bought version!
Face wash has been something I’ve wanted to make at home for a long time. With my two pre-teen daughters and I using it twice a day, we go though store-bought face wash pretty fast. This homemade face wash is made with castile soap and takes 2 minutes to whip together! I’ve been using it for a while and I still cannot get over how smooth my face feels after washing! And the smell is just delish! Floral and fruity, its a fresh orange blossom scent that we are all loving!
Can You Use Castile Soap to Make DIY Face Wash?
Castile soap is good for cleaning just about anything including your body. Since its all natural and made out of gentle ingredients, castile soap is the perfect soap base for making homemade face wash. For sensitive skin, use Dr. Bronner’s Unscented.
Homemade Orange Blossom Face Wash With Castile Soap Ingredients
- Orange Castile Soap – Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap is good for cleaning just about anything in a gentle and natural way. I used orange castile soap for this recipe because I love the smell and mixed with the other ingredients, its just so lovely!
- Sweet Almond Oil – Its perfect for use on the skin, especially in a face wash. Almond oil contains vitamin A which is beneficial in treating acne. If you don’t have almond oil, jojoba oil works well as a substitute.
- Geranium Essential Oil – As well as smelling wonderful, geranium oil helps to tighten the skin and help lessen signs of aging such as wrinkles.
- Rose Water – Rose water is known for being beneficial for the skin in many ways. It hydrates naturally, reduces the appearance of large pores, tightens the skin and provides antioxidant protection. Basically, a wonderful ingredient in face wash!
How to Make Homemade Face Wash With Castile Soap
- Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bottle with a soap pump lid.
- Shake well to combine.
To Use – Shake the soap dispenser bottle to evenly distribute the ingredients. Apply a small amount of foaming face wash using wet hands. Rub all over face, keeping out of your eyes. Rinse off with water.
Variations – For more sensitive skin types, substitute the orange castile soap with the fragrance free version.
Change up the scent of this face wash by swapping out the geranium essential oil with other gentle oils.
To Store – Homemade face wash will last for a very long time when stored in a dark place in an air tight container.
More Homemade Ideas For You
- Homemade Honey Oatmeal Soap
- Homemade Toilet Cleaner Bombs
- DIY Chalkboard Paint
- Homemade Strawberry Lip Balm
- DIY Laundry Stain Remover Spray
If you try making this homemade orange blossom face soap, I would love it if you use the 5 star rating in the comments below! It helps me so much!